Sunday, June 18, 2017

Saturday 6/17

Up bright and early at 6:30am to get to the train station! No lies, people were still out at 8 in their clothes from the night before. The night life in Sevilla never ends!

Taking the train was much nicer than taking a bus somewhere like we have every other weekend traveling. It was a lot more comfortable and a much smoother ride than the bus - and my first time on a train!

When we got to Cádiz, Elena walked us around the city teaching us about the history. It is the "oldest continuously inhabited city in Spain and one of the oldest in western Europe." It is a cute small town! There are also remains of an old Roman theater!











We went to the beach afterward, where we spent the rest of the day! It was much hotter laying on the beach than the other places we have been to, but the water was great! I had had my feet in the ocean before at the beaches we went to but I actually swam in the ocean here! First time for everything :) 







When we got home, we got ready to go out with everyone. It was two of the students' birthdays from SAIIE today and tomorrow! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday 6/29 - My last day in Spain

Off to Sevilla after a great time in Barcelona! I woke up before 6am to get to the airport for my flight at 9. While in the plane waiting ...